I have a customer who's having trouble getting FTP to work with remote
systems.

* He can't hit the remote systems by domain name, but can by IP
address. In fact, the i can't find any remote systems by domain name.
* When connecting to remote ftp systems by ip address, he's not
prompted for credentials. I'm not even sure that he's really connecting to
the remote systems.
* FTP server is not running on the i.
* A Win10 PC connected to the network *can* connect to a remote ftp
server by domain name and by IP, and is prompted for credentials.
* The PC and the i appear to be on the same subnet (192.168.1.x)

Looking at chgtcpdmn, I see that the domain search priority is set to
*local, and have 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for remote dns.

I've suggested that they change the domain search to *remote, and set the
remote dns to whatever they have for the PC.

Is there something else we should look into?

TomH