I suggest after using MGTOOLS that you sign off and on again. I suspect it spoofs being a particular IP address in order to send data to IBM. Then again, if they can do that, why can't us muggles do that and royally mess up the system audit journals?

<FromIBMTicket>
I logged into a 5250 session to test logging. This session:
Job . . . . . . . . : 202780/ROB/ROBHQ1
Earlier on that session I had sent some MGTOOLS data to IBM.

I ran this command
CHGUSRPRF USRPRF(ADOPT) SPCAUT(*JOBCTL *SECADM)
Followed by
CHGUSRPRF USRPRF(ADOPT) SPCAUT(*JOBCTL)

The first one created the entry:
Journal . . . . . . : QAUDJRN
Sequence . . . . . . : 342197716
Code . . . . . . . . : T - Audit trail entry
Type . . . . . . . . : CP - User profile changed
Date . . . . . . . . : 10/24/19
Time . . . . . . . . : 14:05:12.158000
Flag . . . . . . . . : 0
Count/RRN . . . . . : 0
Commit cycle ID . . : 0
Nested commit level : 0
Job . . . . . . . . : 202780/ROB/ROBHQ1
User profile . . . . : ROB
Ignore APY/RMV . . . : No
Ref constraint . . . : No
Trigger . . . . . . : No
Program . . . . . . : QCMD
Library . . . . . : QSYS
ASP device . . . . : *SYSBAS
System sequence . . : 11784359632253947905
Thread identifier . : 0000000000000854
Receiver . . . . . . : ZAUDJR2959
Library . . . . . : QGPL
ASP device . . . . : *SYSBAS
Journal identifier . : X'00000000000000000000'
Remote address . . . : 170.225.15.31
Address family . . . : IPv4
Remote port . . . . : 80
System name . . . . : GDIHQ
Arm number . . . . . : 21
Logical unit of work : *OMITTED
Transaction ID . . . : *OMITTED

Notice this line in particular:
Remote address . . . : 170.225.15.31

If you go to your PC and do the following
C:\Users\rob>nslookup 170.225.15.31
Server: localhost
Address: 127.0.0.1

Name: testcase.boulder.ibm.com<http://testcase.boulder.ibm.com/>
Address: 170.225.15.31

Now, I really doubt that IBM connected in from 'testcase', took control of my job and issued a CHGUSRPRF.

Perhaps some really weird stuff in MGTOOLS told it to spoof being that IP address in order to get data to IBM and that session should always be signed off/on again after using MGTOOLS?

</FromIBMTicket>

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive