How do I bypass the interactive work of
CALL QP2TERM
ssh -T -v -v -v -i .ssh/id_rsa_user ADOPT@as2edi01 "dir >/users/ADOPT/testdirout.txt"

I tried
CALL PGM(QP2TERM) PARM('ssh -T -v -v -v -i .ssh/id_rsa_user ADOPT@as2edi0 1 "dir >/users/ADOPT/testdirout3.txt"')
And, along with some unseemly references to my dear sainted mother, it gave me
CPFB9CA
Message . . . . : Batch job ended in error.
Cause . . . . . : Program QP2TERM starts a batch job to run a PASE for i
shell program. An exception caused the batch job to end abnormally.
Recovery . . . : Check the job log for the batch job to determine what
error occurred. Correct the error, and then try the request again.

I didn't see any 'job submitted' type messages in this joblog so I'm assuming we're talking about a spawn process instead. That, and DSPLOG shows no new related jobs in that time frame.
WRKSPLF PERIOD((133440 *CURRENT)) was bereft of any entries.
WRKSPLF SELECT(*ALL) PERIOD((133440 *CURRENT)) didn't seem to show any related to the user signed on, nor any IBM type user