I have found that somewhere over 60 or 70 concurrent sessions I have had it get cranky with me. :-) Try THAT with DeadNav!

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com

On 10/16/2019 8:38 PM, Tim Rowe wrote:
Greetings
Couple of corrections and additional information .....
Access for Windows (known to some as 'dead Nav' ) is completely out of
service. There is no support for this at all.  It has also never been
supported on Windows 10.
Access Client Solutions .  Highly stable product.  Been available and used
for over 6 years now.  It is also far more configurable then the widows
product ever was.  This is especially true for user configuration.  With
ACS, you do NOT need to have the product installed on the end user PC. You
can have it hosted on a network share for example which means that you as
the administrator can easily update ALL your users with a simple update in
1 location and all your user are now updated with the latest new
features.
Sessions - ALL existing .ws session can be opened with ACS.  So talk about
easy migration... additionally, if you open the session manager, there is
a migration tool that will migrate all your existing .ws files to the new
.hod format. Your previous colors, sizes, and keyboard mapping options are
moved over.  Macros.  If you have macros that leverage keyboard click,
those all convert over with no  issues.  The issue is with user that have
highly customized macro that leverage Visual Basic. Those will not
convert. But, in many cases there are new ways that should be considered
to accomplish these functions.
ACS is a far superior solution with many enhancements within the 5250
interface as well as many additional tools that help your productivity.
Tim

Tim Rowe, timmr@xxxxxxxxxx
Business Architect Application Development & Systems Management for IBM i
IBM i ISV Council
IBM i Development Lab, Rochester, MN
(507) 253-6191 (Tie) 553-6191

http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/i/are/index.html
http://ibm.biz/IBMi_ACS

message: 1
date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 21:57:03 +0000
from: Justin Taylor <JUSTIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: i Access for Windows sound

iAccess for Windows was frozen at 7.1.  I don't believe it ever
supported Windows 10, and IBM dropped all support for that product in
April (IIRC).

We stopped using iAccess when IBM announced it was deprecated.  Other
than iACS having inferior keyboard mapping (for those users who want
crazy configs like CTRL being ENTER), we're very pleased with it and
would never go back.  I can see how macros might be a problem.  I have a
vague recollection of there being a conversion tool, but I could be
dreaming.

I'm afraid the only solid advice I can offer would be to roll back the
most recent SP.

Sorry I can't offer more.