From: T. Adair [mailto:tadair@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2019 2:46 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: i Access for Windows sound

This is an absolute shot in the dark so if no one feels like responding, I understand. But, here goes...

I just installed SI68573 (service pack for i Access for Windows) on my Windows 10 laptop. And before anyone starts down the "why don't you use ACS instead...", I have dozens of sessions, macros, etc. configured just right and have no desire to drop down to a product that is less stable, less configurable, less flexible, and... let me stop right there.

Simple question - when I installed SI68573 (V7R1M0, November 2018) I lost all PC5250 sound. Has anyone heard of this? I checked IBM support and the only legitimate thing I found was that the issue was fixed in the next SP that was supposed to come out the next month. Well, there is no next SP.

I tried opening a ticket with IBM but even though the webpage referred to me by name, it told me I needed to register. I'm seriously considering calling the 800-number but I expect to be told "We don't support that product anymore".

Is it time to retire yet?

~TA~