On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 6:03 PM Mark Murphy <jmarkmurphy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

But logical files only find their way into the catalog as tables, and the
key fields for them do not appear anywhere.

I am not appreciating the dismissiveness of your responses.

Are you trying to explain to me why my question is stupid, or are you
trying to help me? It sure doesn't sound like the latter.

If the full notion of "logical file" is not "really an SQL concept"
but they still make it into the catalog as tables (and they are even
differentiable from physical files and from "true" SQL tables), then
it seems to me that *some* accommodation *could* have been made for
multiformat files as well. It seems pretty arbitrary what gets
included and what doesn't, so when your response amounts to "it
doesn't make sense for your missing files to be in the catalog", that
is neither illuminating nor satisfying.

You also conveniently seem to "not hear" the part where I also mention
IBM i Services, which is CHOCK FULL of stuff that has nothing at all
to do with SQL, yet which IBM has made accessible ***through SQL***.

I'm just interested in finding out if there is *some* way through SQL
for me to find these files. If there isn't, then there isn't. But
don't give me some curt and flimflam "reasoning" for it.

John Y.