---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Rishi Seth <rishiseth99@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 1:02 PM
Subject: Re: Regarding Decryption of AES128 encrypted data in RPGLE and
query regarding CRC 32 [PRIVATE REPLY]
To: Mark Waterbury <mark.s.waterbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

That was modified as followings please look below to decrypt below encoded
data(which is the result of UTF8 format) and also changed the key as per
below:-
HDFTACTGRP(*NO) BNDDIR('QC2LE') option(*srcstmt : *nodebugio)
h actgrp(*new)
ddata s 89A INZ('u3VtNgfyWU9faZcIaa8ZWbE5UZCf
d -7yA4MyW0ghflt9dNQNDpCcgMZiG/kXPE
d -CHL93B4iKiODHxxdVA==')
dfld1 s 100a
d*data s 16a inz('my coded message')
d*data s 16a inz('my coded message')
dsecretkey s 16a varying inz('661e275OIM1ULYLJ')
dencrypted s 16a
dascharacters s 32a
dAES_CONTROL DS Qualified
dfunctionid 2a
ddatalen 5u 0
doperation 1a
dmode 1a
dblocklen 1a
dmaclen 1a
dinitVector 32a
dreserved 7a
dkeyoption 1a
dkeyschedule *
dkey 32a
dcipher pr extproc ('_CIPHER')
dreceiver *
dcontrol 96a
dsource *
dcvthc pr extproc('cvthc')
drcvhex * value
dsrcchr * value
drcvlen 10i 0 value
dhex s 2a
dp_recv s *
0035.00
0036.00
0037.00
0038.00 AES_Control = *ALLx'00';
0039.00 AES_Control.functionID = x'0015';
0040.00 AES_Control.datalen = %size(data);
0041.00 AES_Control.operation = x'01'; //
0042.00 AES_Control.mode = x'00'; // 0=ECB
0043.00 AES_Control.blockLen = x'10'; // 16
0044.00 AES_Control.MACLen = x'00'; // 0
0045.00 AES_Control.keyOption = x'10'; // use
0046.00
0047.00 AES_Control.key = secretKey;
0048.00 p_recv = %addr(data);
0049.00 p_src = %addr(encrypted);
0050.00
0050.00

0051.00 cipher( p_recv : AES_Control : p_src);

0052.00

0053.00 eval data = fld1 ;

0054.00 *inlr = *on;

but during debug it's ending with below error:-

Additional Message Information

Message ID . . . . . . : MCH5601 Severity . . . . . . . : 40

Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic

Date sent . . . . . . : 19-10-04 Time sent . . . . . . :
12:59:49

Message . . . . : Template value not valid for instruction.

Cause . . . . . : The location of the value is template with an offset
field in bytes X'0002', an offset in field in bits X'0000', a length of

field of 2, and an instruction operand number of 2. The reason code is

X'0000'. If the reason code is X'0000', a reason code may not be
available.

Bottom
Press Enter to continue.

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 5:01 AM Mark Waterbury <