You are absolutely correct. As is so often the case, the source is correct,
and the comment is wrong. I need to rewrite this, but my terms of
employment say my employers own my code (even of written on my own time and
someone else's machine) so any updates are on hold until I change jobs.

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019, 9:15 PM Don Brown <DBrown@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The description on the web page is not correct ... I believe. (
http://www.brilligware.com/cp1240.html)

You have;
Sort Mask is an optional parameter, and has a default value of 82 (a.k.a.
x'52', a.k.a. 0100 1010, a.k.a Path Name/Date Descending/Size Descending)

But I think it should be;
Sort Mask is an optional parameter, and has a default value of 82 (a.k.a.
x'52', a.k.a. 0101 0010, a.k.a Path Name/Date Descending/Size Descending)

Cheers

Don Brown

From: "Chris Pando" <chris.pando@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion"
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 30/08/2019 11:26 PM
Subject: Re: IFS Disk Space usage
Sent by: "MIDRANGE-L" <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I've always thought that ran really slowly. I wrote my own directory
lister, which can print in (amongst others) descending file size order.

www.brilligware.com/cp1240.html

Old code, so only the C specs are free format, but runs (on our machine)
faster than WRKDIRINF. I think it's easiert to read, as well.

Chris

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019, 5:38 AM Art Tostaine, Jr. <atostaine@xxxxxxxxx>