It's not "call with a parameter list and return a value" easy, but it can be done.  In fact, there's an API (QREXQ) you can use to communicate with REXX via what is essentially a data queue.  More here:

https://www.itjungle.com/2005/10/05/fhg100505-story01/

It all depends on what you're trying to accomplish.