From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Rob Berendt
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 04:43
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: PTF Rollback Ideas

Let's say it's been a year. At that time PTF SI12345 was the latest for some LPP. During that interval that was replaced by SI12444. Then later it was replaced by SI14698. When you put SI14698 on it applied SI12444 permanently. With no RMVPTF capability.
You could query this for more information:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/IBM%20i%20Technology%20Updates/page/QSYS2.PTF_INFO%20catalog

However, about the only way you're going to make your vendor happy is to slip install the LIC and OS (and maybe LPPs) and apply only those PTF's approved by them.
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_74/rzahc/upgradesameversion.htm
Of course, when you do that be careful that you only use a LIC resave version that has been approved by them.
https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1022015

But in actuality your vendor is probably happiest now. They don't have to work on resolving the issue and can simply point fingers at you because it's always the customers fault.
And, thanks for the maintenance money which we'll only use for funding our latest leveraged buy out.

Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755