vHMC is great.

In some customers we use a small Intel NUC ( https://www.intel.la/content/www/xl/es/products/boards-kits/nuc.html ) with Linux and VirtualBox where we can run vHMC + small Win7/8/10 VM with AnyDesk/TeamViewer, so they can access HMC wherever they are. This tiny PC with a fast SSD is really stable, fast (faster than physical HMC), cheap and never fails.

And you can attach Keyboard+Screen+Mouse use "Console mode" on VirtualBox

Diego Kesselman