On Thu, Aug 1, 2019 at 10:20 AM David Gibbs <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Does anyone know how you can control the SQL package name on a stored procedure?

Every time I compile the stored procedure, the SQL package name is the
same as the procedure name & library. When my procedure tries to
access a remote system, it uses that package & library name... but the
library doesn't necessarily exist on the remote system.

A bit more background on this issue ...

I've got a stored procedure on SYSTEM1 that does a dynamic query,
using three part table reference, to access data on SYSTEM2.

The procedure looks something like this:

set stmt = 'select FIELD001 from SYSTEM2.libraryb.file';

prepare s1 from stmt;
open c1;
fetch c1 into variable1;
close c1;
close s1;

The procedure was compiled in LIBRARYA .

LIBRARYA doesn't exist on SYSTEM2.

When I run the procedure, I get a SQL0805 error because LIBRARYA
doesn't exist on SYSTEM2.

SQL State: 51002
Vendor Code: -805
DRDA Server. Cause . . . . . : A remote request was attempted to
SYSTEM2 for SQL package PROCEDURE2 in LIBRARYA. The SQL package was
not found. If you are using Interactive SQL or Query Manager, an
attempt to create a package on the remote system failed and the
package requested does not exist.

My question is: Is there a way to specify what library the procedure
will look form, or create, a SQL package in?

david

--
IBM i on Power Systems: For when you can't afford to be out of business!

I'm riding 65 miles in the American Diabetes Association's Tour de
Cure to raise money for diabetes research, education, advocacy, and
awareness. You can make a tax-deductible donation to my ride by
visiting https://mideml.diabetessucks.net.

You can see where my donations come from by visiting my interactive
donation map ... https://mideml.diabetessucks.net/map (it's a geeky
thing).

I may have diabetes, but diabetes doesn't have me!