Just to close this discussion

After escalation to level 2 support the problem was fixed. The fix was
apparently

Using the web navigator

1) click on NETWORK

2) click on SERVERS

3) find SMTP on the right side

4) Mark and click on properties

5) click on Bindings tab

6) *Enable Use all interfaces..*

Final step is to start SMTP services.

commands used for testing :: SNDSMTPEMM & SNDDST *LMSG.

No idea why this didn't work after a dump and restore but just glad it's
working now.