Once you get yum working go ahead and install the unixODBC, wget and rpm components before installing the i access PASE ODBC driver.

-After that I just downloaded the zip file and unzipped the RPM file into the root folder of the IFS
e: I don't think there is an option to use the driver without a user/password. I can be proven wrong though ?

Have fun

Thanks for that! I always find it impressive when someone documents what they've done clearly enough for it to be useful for others. I don't know that I'll be able to make use of this. If it's strictly for i PASE to i Native, there's not much of a point for me. My problem is companies that keep trying to use Power BI (and other tools) with "IBM DB2" drivers, and not listening when I try to re-enforce that the standard driver is for DB2 on other platforms. While there are ways of tweaking the default DB2 drivers in Microsoft to work with the IBM i, they don't work that well.

If I can't find another solution, we'll have to setup Microsoft SQL Server with a Linked Server back to our system. That works, but I would much rather have tighter control of user access. I know what happens on our iSeries, I don't always know who has monkeyed with a Windows box.

Spirax-Sarco Engineering Plc. This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by Cisco Cloud Email Security.