From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Don Brown
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 6:09 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: iACS Change the Default User

I am deploying iACS to a number of users at a remote site (Version:
1.1.8.2)

I create the required configuration and saved it to acs_bak.zip and set up
the install to deploy this configuration

All good went to the site and installed on the required PC's

As users connected my user profile was coming up as the default user
profile when starting a 5250 session.

No problem I thought, I edited the system connections and changed the
default user to that specific to the user on that PC.

I was up to about the fourth PC when the first user said "Hey it's back to
your user ID" He had closed iACS completely and restarted.

I could not find a way to make the change stick.

So I opened a case with IBM and after a number of emails back and forth I
am being told to fix this I need to do a fresh install and required set up
/ configuration without logging on so no profile is associated with the
set up and then recreate the acs_bak.zip and then go to the new site and
uninstall and then reinstall with the new acs_bak.zip.

Apparently once you set the default user and create an acs_bak.zip file
for a customised install you then can not change the default user ?

This sounds really dumb if that is what IBM support is saying to say the
least.

I have searched the .hod file and .properties files but can't find
anywhere where that default user is defined.

Anybody come across this issue and can advise ?

IBM also advised there is a setting that can be added to the .properties
file that will reset the default password on install, that being:
com.ibm.iaccess.ResetDefaultUserOnImport=true

I tried uninstalling, added this line to the .properties file and then
reinstalled but still had my default user id.

Thanks

Don Brown

This email has been scanned for computer viruses. Although MSD has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, MSD cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.