Hi!

I have a Power S812 at a hosting-site. I have no easy access to the
machine and the machine has no Tape drive.

i want to to a SAVE21 to a virtual image catalog and then copy the files
to another location via ftp.

but i am not sure how i can do a restore from the save21 images. i only
want to burn the really necessary images to dvd-ram and do the rest of the
restore from virtual image catalog. the procedure would be the following:

1) born the necessary images from save21 to dvd-ram (dont know which and
how much)
2) restore with this dvds to a point where i can ftp the whole image
catalog back to the system
4) restore the rest of the system from the image catalog.

does anyone of you have a documentation if this procedure is possible and
which images have to be burned. or is there another way to do the
recovery. for example to install a fresh system, then copy the image
catalog back and the do a full restore from the virtual image catalog?

Additional Info. I want to use virtual image catalogs and no other
solution like bying a tape drive or a vtl or RDX.

Greetings,
Franz

System: Power S812 IBM-i 7.3 TR6