From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
midrange
Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2019 8:07 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Delayed Spool etc.

Jerry,

Are your checks direct output from some form of RPG? Is it S36 code?
<The checks are direct output from an RPG II program.>

Is there a product involved that reads the spool and reformats it into a new
spool to do things like add micr encoding?
When user runs the option to print - is that "procedure" (your term) setting
on LR or closing down the job stack, or is the user in an application that
keeps resources open?
<LR is set on. All resources are released; it's a simple 36 OCL.>

It there a transaction "time" or timestamp that would show exactly when
program executed wring the transactions?
<No such thing; just the job log.>

Even though an interactive job, is their evoked or submitted parts that
could cause the delay .
<No.>

Is there a data queue associated with the outq the program writes the spool
to (that then allows other programs to work on the process)?
<No.>

The fact that both observations indicated a delay makes me think this is a
more complicated process:
a. transactions not in file when you looked b. spooled files not in WRKSPLF
<Well, the transactions were certainly not in the monthly file, and the
spooled files were definitely not there. I did check all out queues, not
just this particularly user.>

or
database and spooling resources were an issue...
Does the service provider have reporting to indicate performance
utilization?
<I'll have to check with them on Monday about that.>

Jim Franz