From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Joe Pluta
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 4:21 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Getting up to date on 7.3

It's been a while since I managed OS upgrades.  We're at 7.3 TR3 (yeah, I know, but at least we're on 7.3!) and we'd like to get current.  I still get confused with TRs, cumes and groups.  The last I remember, the belt and suspenders approach was to apply all groups, IPL, then apply TR6, IPL, and finally apply the cume and IPL.  I don't if this roadmap makes sense anymore, or if the roads even still exist.  For all I know, there's a George Jetson jetcar that will take us from TR3 to TR6 magically, although I sort of doubt that.

Any advice from the experts here?  Thanks in advance.