OK. I've been the squeaky wheel, but I guess I need to squeak louder.

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Oberholtzer [mailto:midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2019 9:35 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion' <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Usage limit help (CPI9E19/CPF9E72)

On and upgrade like you are describing, it's likely the key center is waiting on the reduction key data from the old system.

Check the keys (WRKLICINF) for 5770SS1 - 5050, 5051, and 5052. Those sound like the ones you are referring to.

The process to move software from one serial number to another is not complicated but detailed.
1) BP orders reduction keys for donor machine, Key center provides them.
They are good for a limited time
2) you enter the keys into the donor machine and get a series of screen shots that show the keys were entered. This effectively turns the donor machine into a vegetable. Instructions from the key center are precise, and easy.
3) Screenshots back to key center, they usually respond within about 24 hours with new permeant keys for the new serial numbers.

The fact that so many days has gone by without your capacity keys showing up suggests a foul up in the transfer. Assuming the donor machine is long gone or cannot be powered up because you moved parts to the new system, you'll have to provide proof the donor machine is no longer in production and not
being used. That can take many forms as requested by the Key Center.

The BP has to step up on this one.

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Agile Technology Architects