Midrange Fans,

Our HMC reports that our IBM i LPARs have active but unusable RMC
connections. From netstat on the HMC it looks like it's only listening for
IPv6 RMC connections:

$ netstat -tuln | grep 657
tcp6 0 0 :::657 :::* LISTEN
udp6 0 0 :::657 :::*

Could that be the problem, or will the above also handle IPv4 connections?
Our IBM i LPARs are only configured for IPv4, and RMC was working until this
past Sunday. Does anyone know how to get the HMC to listed for RMC
connections on IPv4? Rebooting the HMC didn't help. The HMC is running:

Version: 8
Release: 8.6.0
Service Pack: 3
HMC Build level 20180614.3
base_version=V8R8.6.0

Due to a mix-up with our business partner, we've had a lapse in software
support, which we're in the process of getting back in place. But there's
no telling how long it will take to get all the red tape out of the way.
So, if anyone has any suggestions that might help resolve the issue before
then, they would be greatly appreciated. With the above RMC issue, we can't
move our tape controllers from one LPAR to another to perform backups.