On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 9:48 PM John Yeung <gallium.arsenide@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

There's nothing to be afraid of.

Amen! Preach it, reverend!

The development environment for most
languages can be as simple as whatever text editor you're most
comfortable with.

And you can mount IFS directories to Linux, Mac and Windows and edit
direcly on your local workstation text editor. (Hint: jEdtit)

Or use vim onboard, which is wonderfully powerful and has syntax files for
all the major open source languages.

And version your code under git to your corporate BitBucket or GitHub repo.
Never lose code again. Never lose a change again. Attach release numbers to
code. git is the best general-audience versioning regimen in the industry.

In some ways, it could be argued that it's easier to invoke a
PASE program than call a system API or service program in ILE.

"Usually" easier :)

there have even been working examples provided, notably from Jack and
Richard.

And more to be presented at COMMON.