From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Rob
Berendt
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2019 12:58 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: HMC woes WAS: RFE: Document how to migrate from 5733OPS to
preferred distributions

Had a WebEx going with IBM over a HMC issue (dynamic scsi pair). I like to
use my own numbering and not just let it go back to assigning the next
available number. My numbering makes sense to me and my BP.
First Digit = server lpar number
Second Digit = client lpar number
Third digit = differentiator when using multiple nwsd's per pair.
You had to click on just the right pixel and in just the right sequence to
get it to stop changing it to the next available number.
Very frustrating. Drove me back to the command line.
Hint: This guy is sharp and I used to work with him in Domino.