Hi John,

I think I understand what you want to do but as you say, it is probably no
so simple as it involves multiple processes.

- The PRTDTMDOC command creates a pooled file (not a pdf) in the output
queue PRTPDFIT and then you program go to the next instruction... the PDF
does not exist at that time...
- the writer associated with the output queue PRTPDFIT is configured to
use transform services and will create asynchronously in another process
the PDF file...

depending of the configuration of the device PRTPDFIT ans the associated
PSF configuration, it is possible to define a dataqueue that will receive
a message when the PDF is created...
So you probably need to create a program tha reads the dataqueue and
rename the stream file... and leave this program active in a batch NEP
job...
you cold possibly read the dataqueu in the same program, but there is no
guarantee that the message that you read is for the spooled file that you
created...

another more simple option could be to not use the PRTPDFIT but just a
standard ouptut queue ..

so in your program use
PRTDDMDOC ... OUTQ(QPRINT)

and after the MONMSG add something like

CPYSPLF FILE(QPRTDTM/or whatever is the name of the print file)
SPLNBR(*LAST)
TOFILE(*TOSTMF)
TOSTMF(&theFileNameyouwant)
WSCST(*PDF)

this must be tested as not evything converts to PDF using CPYSPLF...

KR
Paul