From: "Holger Scherer" <hs@xxxxxxx>
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion"
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 19.03.2019 14:27
Subject: Re: quadstor vtl with as400
Sent by: "MIDRANGE-L" <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

There is some possibility for PCI passthrough on VMWare but i would not
rely on this for that type of application
(this was one of the topics why we quickly ended testing with VMWare and
used native hardware).

For backing up your VTL - quadstor (and other VTLs) can do replication to
a second VTL or to an external Tape Library.

for sure - what is the use of a backup if if cannot be backed up? ;-)
-h