From: Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: "MIDRANGE-L" <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Traditional Chinese in ACS Run SQL Scripts?
Date: Mon, Feb 11, 2019 11:36 AM

Joep

I am at the same version of ACS. I did a couple things - I installed a
new language, Traditional Chinese, and I think that put in a couple
fonts.

I was able to use Microsoft YaHei - I don't know if it had already been
installed.

A web page I googled for, about fonts for Chinese, said that Arial
Unicode MS would work - and it does - now the YaHei also displayed
Cyrillic at the same time. JhengHei did not have any Cyrillic, although
both of these are Unicode. MingLiU-ExtB also is Unicode but no Cyrillic.

So very interesting - we are installing SS1 opt 43, additional fonts,
which is supposed to include Unicode fonts.

Thanks for the help

Vern

On 2/11/2019 9:45 AM, Joep Beckeringh wrote:
> Hi Vern,
>
> Yes I am in the Netherlands :-)
>
> I haven't done anything special to my (company supplied) laptop. I
> just checked 'installed fonts' and I do see a few that look to me like
> they could be Chinese (Microsoft JhengHei, Microsoft YaHei, MingLIU)
> but I did not (consciously) install any of those.
>
> For completeness' sake: my ACS is up to date (November 2018; build
> 8452), but I have done this on older versions as well.
>
> Joep Beckeringh
>

> Op 11-2-2019 om 13:15 schreef Vernon Hamberg:
>> Hi Joep
>>
>> This is encouraging. You are in Nederland, right? I wonder what might
>> be different about your Windows setup? Do you have any special
>> Chinese fonts installed?
>>
>> Again, it seems to be a presentation problem - the statement to
>> insert the Chinese characters did work correctly.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Vern
>>
>> On 2/11/2019 1:36 AM, Joep Beckeringh wrote:
>>> Hi Vern,
>>>
>>> Read this in the weekend and I remembered I did this before without
>>> any problem. So I tested it and indeed, no problem at all.
>>>
>>> With 'Good afternoon' translated to Chinese by Google Translate I
did:

>>> update debf set admtx = 'Pantheon HRM 181 € 下午好' where envid =
>>> 'EMSN8A181';
>>>
>>> What I pasted in the upper panel appeared correctly; when I did
>>> 'select * from debf' the updated text appeared correctly in the
>>> lower panel.
>>>
>>> Joep Beckeringh

IIRC.

list