I really should add that this variance with @ is basically an EBCDIC
consideration. @ (x'40') is invariant in terms of standard 7-bit ASCII.

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 12:30 PM Bruce Vining <bruce.vining@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Rob,

You know what they say about assumptions :)

In CCSIDs 500 and 37 the @ is code point x'7C', but in CCSIDs such as 273
(German, Austria) the @ is x'B5'. In order to get the x'7C' code point in a
German setting you would indeed type § (x'7C' in CCSID 273.

From the RPG Reference manual:

Note: The $, #, and @ may appear as different symbols on some codepages.
For
more information, see the iSeries Information Center globalization topic.

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 11:24 AM Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Birgitta,

Interesting. With it's popularity in email I assumed that the @ symbol
was invariant.

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of
Birgitta Hauser
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2019 12:21 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion' <
midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: iACS Run SQL Scripts

I don't think it's possible to create a variable "on-the-fly" inside
Run
SQL Scripts. If I'm wrong about that, I'd also be interested in know how
to accomplish this.

There is already a variable defined within this example:
Declare @PeriodEnd Integer

Here the dynamic compound statement with SELECT .... INTO and variable
definitions.
begin
declare xPeriodEnd integer Not NULL default;
Declare xRego VarChar(50) Not NULL Default;
Declare xTSL VarChar(50) Not NULL Default;
Declare xStart_Date Date Not NULL Default;
Declare xEnd_Date Date Not NULL Default;

set xPeriodEnd = 20180901;
select OD.LODTPL as Rego,
LI.TSLTSL as TSL,
LI.TSLOSD as Start_Date,
OD.LODOED as End_Date
into xRego, xTSL, xStart_Date, xEnd_Date
from scccdbdta/CDBTSLPF LI
where LI.TSLLTY not in ('TST','LIM','ST')
and LI.TSLSTD > xPeriodEnd
order by LI.TSLTSL;
end;

... but what do you want to do?
Execiting the SELECT Statement and see the result?

If so just execute it directly and replace the @PeriodEnd with the real
Period End.
select OD.LODTPL as Rego,
LI.TSLTSL as TSL,
LI.TSLOSD as Start_Date,
OD.LODOED as End_Date
from scccdbdta/CDBTSLPF LI
where LI.TSLLTY not in ('TST','LIM','ST')
and LI.TSLSTD > 2080901;

You don't need (and it even does not make sense) to execute the SELECT
statement within an dynamic compound statement.

A dynamic compound statement will create a (temporary) stored procedure,
execute the stored procedure immediately after it is created and then
delete the stored procedure again.
Dynamic compound statements are very helpful if you want to execute a
block of SQL statements and handle some errors within these statements.

BTW avoid special characters within your table, column, variable names,
because they are not international.
For example on my German machine I cannot use a variable containing the @
character, but I'm able to handle variables containing the § character.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

Brown)
"If you think education is expensive, try ignorance." (Derek Bok) "What
is worse than training your staff and losing them? Not training them and
keeping them!"
"Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so
they don't want to." (Richard Branson)