Booth, could I recommend going www.think400.dk/downloads.htm and look for
my trigger mediator.

In that code bundle you will find a program tg0001.

This is a screen maintenance program that uses modules, services programs
and procedures to maintain a database table.

The service programs provide services for message handling, user spaces for
storage, temp names and standard error handlers.

The screen program is written using modules, one module per screen or CL
functions. Everything is bound together to form one program.

Please read through the readme. It gives some discussion of the design
discussions on how I use ILE.

This program is, also, written using 100% SQL.

If you don't want to download I can send the code. I have a newer version
in 100% free if you are interested.

If you want discuss or have questions send me an email or you could give me
a call.