I am confused and I am sure it is something dumb I am doing.

I am putting together some test programs where program A will build a json
string and pass to program B to process the json.

I am getting the error: parse error: premature EOF

Here is the process;

PGM-A
d jsonString_t s 16370a varying
d template
d pJsonString s like(jsonString_t)

d logEvent PR ExtPgm('RMS100R')
d pSiteID 3A
d pdate 8A
d ptime 6A
d pJsonString like(jsonString_t)

yajl_genOpen(*ON) ;
yajl_beginObj();
yajl_addChar('event' :'testEvent');
yajl_addChar('errmsg' :'' );
yajl_endObj();
%len(pjsonString) = JSON_BUF_SIZE;
rc = yajl_copyBuf( CCSID
: %addr(pjsonString : *data)
: JSON_BUF_SIZE
: len );
yajl_saveBuf('/home/rms.txt' : errMsg); // Save to IFS as well
yajl_genClose();
%len(pjsonstring) = len;
logEvent(pSiteId:pDate:pTime:pjsonstring); // calls PGM-B

PGM-B
d jsonData_t s 16370a varying
d template
d JSON_BUF_SIZE c %len(jsonData_t)
len = %len(jsondata);
docnode = yajl_buf_load_tree(%addr(jsonData) : len : errMsg); // This
fails with the parse error
stmf = '/home/rms.txt' ;
docnode = yajl_stmf_load_tree(stmf : errmsg); // This succeeds

Can anyone suggest why the yajl_buf_load_tree fails and the
yajl_stmf_load_tree succeeds ?

Thank you to any responder.

Don Brown