From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Rob Berendt
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2018 9:41 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Reading an exported system plan

I'll admit, the HMC doesn't make any effort to display disk drives on the
GUI. Perhaps they left that to the OS of each partition to handle on the
theory that the individual OS may each have their set of requirements for
adding/changing/deleting disk drives. And doing such a thing at the system,
versus partition, level is a good way to shoot yourself in the foot.

But
System Properties
Processor, Memory, I/O
and looking at the I/O does show me the RAID adapters and the partitions
they belong to.
My sole IBM i lpar which has physical disks (and hosts them to the rest)
has two raid cards:
U78C9.001.WZS00U9-P1-C12
U78C9.001.WZS00U9-P1-C8
These match character for character to WRKHDWRSC *STG if you drill down
correctly

The two vios lpars, which are the only consumers of disk in my CEC, are
also listed there.

SAS RAID Controller, PCIe3 x8, 12 GB Cache, Quad-port 6Gb
U78C9.001.WZS00U9-P1-C12
RACK3HST

SAS RAID Controller, PCIe3 x8, 12 GB Cache, Quad-port 6Gb
U78C9.001.WZS00U9-P1-C8
RACK3HST

PCIe3 x8 SAS RAID Internal Adapter 6Gb
U78C9.001.WZS00U9-P1-C14