Since the source system is 7.1 and the target system is 7.3, how do you
avoid clobbering 7.3 objects when a restore is done from a GO SAVE 21
backup? Just be careful only to restore non-IBM objects?

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 11:52 AM Bob Cagle <bcagle@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We actually do have gigabit internet. One of the benefits of being based
in the Kansas City area and having access to Google Fiber.

You guys have me convinced - slip install is the way to go. I want to
avoid the "MAKEAMESS" command at all costs.

Thanks

Bob Cagle
IT Manager
Lynk

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Berendt

I would send them the tape. They probably have a lot of experience doing
this and would do it best from such a save.
I'm also guessing that you could probably get it there FedEx faster they
trying to transmit save files. Then again, I am making my assumption that
anyone running such equipment as you are is probably not running GB
ethernet all the way end point to endpoint with your new service provider.
Not a slam, just an assumption.

IBM Certified System Administrator - IBM i 6.1 Group Dekko Dept 1600 Mail
to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E