From: Alan Shore <ashore@xxxxxxxx>
To: "midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 12/11/2018 11:23 AM
Subject: Question concerning Integrated Web Services

Hi everyone
Before I forget - we are on V7r3

I have been asked to investigate whether IWS (Integrated Web
Services) is feasible to pass data from the iSeries to another
system/software

I have done some googling and there is quite a lot of information
out there - but of course - NOTHING that fits EXACTLY what you want

Anyway - I have found both of these very helpful
Creating Web Services With Integrated Web Services
INVALID URI REMOVED

u=http-3A__ibmsystemsmag.com_ibmi_developer_general_using-5Fiws_&d=DwICAg&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-
siA1ZOg&r=1i-jGlz0-JTK1aLHcsU-

ew&m=T242373QILijr4ENJGvafsCAgXT33b2vmHMoz2BB8oQ&s=tqSwkC2d7kKmQENjg_VRasf8_a_ucX-
qw33atplV-zU&e=
Providing RPG Web Services on IBM i
INVALID URI REMOVED

u=https-3A__scottklement.com_presentations_Providing-2520RPG-2520Web-2520Services-2520on-2520IBM-2520i.pdf&d=DwICAg&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-
siA1ZOg&r=1i-jGlz0-JTK1aLHcsU-

ew&m=T242373QILijr4ENJGvafsCAgXT33b2vmHMoz2BB8oQ&s=YaR6q0ur5ynfgA9ReW0H1OHHA-
JYmujJ3gh_xdgkxnI&e=

I decided to create a simple proof of concept service program
Using the code
RTNPARAM
And
PgmInfo(*PCML:*MODULE)

One procedure to return a string, for the customer name and address
2 input parameters
Division number - packed(2:0)
Customer number - packed(9:0)

I have tested the service program on the iSeries - and it works,
giving me the expected results
I am now attempting to deploy this as a new REST service
On step 3, where I specify the URI path template, I have written
/{incstdiv:\d+}/{incstnbr:\d+}
Showing 2 parameters as part of the path name
Its on Step 5 that I am having a problem
The 2 parameters are specified and when I choose *PATH_PARAM as the
input source (both of them) and choosing the applicable identifier
INCSTDIV
INCSTNBR
I press Next
And the second parameter identifier changes to INCSTDIV with the error
Error: ZUI_53159: Value incstdiv is not valid.
Being displayed at the bottom of the screen

I have gone back to step 3 and changed the identifiers name
CUSTDIV
CUSTNBR

Same problem happens

I have googled ZUI_53159 but nothis is displayed

I am hoping that someone will recognize what I am doing wrong
As always - ALL replies gratefully accepted