From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Christopher Bipes
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2018 11:02 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: IBM i software keys for new P9

Does anyone remember the days when your IBM CE and SE came in and swapped your hardware. They moved the control panel from one system to the other, retaining your serial number. It was real easy for the customer as IBM did all the heaving lifting. They would tell you to do two backups, SAVE 21 and the SAVE STORAGE to tape. Once you completed that, they would shut down your system and do the rest.

I miss those days.

Chris Bipes
Director of Information Services
CrossCheck, Inc.