From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Oberholtzer
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2018 3:31 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Performance tuning

Paul,

It depends on the I/O pattern of your machine. If there is any hint of I/O
queuing, then yes it will most likely help. If there is no I/O queueing.
there might be an improvement, but it will be more abbreviated than with
heavier I/O.

Either way I doubt the cost of that option is going to be an impediment to
getting it, so I would look into it. You might not need it now, but in some
short time in the future it might pay off nicely.

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Agile Technology Architects