"MIDRANGE-L" <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 11/23/2018
09:59:50 AM:
dlclark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 11/21/2018 5:09 PM:
My UIM list panel has a "position to" input field in the
header
area that I can't get to work. Meaning: the UIM does not return
control
to my CPP program when a position-to value is entered and the ENTER
Key is
pressed. The F5 key does return to my CPP program using the following
KEYI specification.

:keyi key=F5 help=REFRESH action='RETURN 5' varupd=NO.
F5=Refresh

But I have the following KEYI specification for the ENTER key
and
this does not return to my CPP when a position-to value is entered and
this key is pressed. I tried changing the ACTION to RETURN 40, for
example, but this would not compile.

:keyi key=ENTER help=ENTERKY action='ENTER'.

So, what is the trick to getting the UIM to return control to
my
CPP program when a position-to value is entered and the ENTER key is
pressed? Thanks.

do you have the "field" defined as:
:DATAI VAR=INCSTR
USAGE=INOUT

In Carsents API programs there are several that use that type of field.
WRKCMDLOG is one I use all the time

Yes, I do.

:data depth=2.
:datacol width=20.
:datacol width=6.
:datacol width='*'.

:datai var=JOBID usage=INOUT help='WRKJBCTLOP/JOBID'.
Position to job

:edata.

Sincerely,

Dave Clark