Initial results are saying that just about anything native C# or VB.Net will compile and run in a console app that can then be wrapped and integrated by CL. Think of .Net console apps as CL programs.

No GDI plus or DB yet besides my XMLSERVICE wrapper, but there are all kinds of utilities we will be able to write leveraging existing .Net code APIs.

And speed results so far are FAST.

If you have any favorite .Net APIs you want tested send me a note and I'll take a look at them.

SharpZip in particular will be useful for those of you trying to ZIP files.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
Director of Document Management
e. richard.schoen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
p. 952.486.6802
w. helpsystems.com

message: 1
date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 16:22:31 +0000
from: Matt Olson <Matt.Olson@xxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: .Net C# and VB Running Natively with Mono for i

Cool! With this and Blazor (running .NET framework within a web browser via WebAssembly) coming around the corner with .NET Core 3.0 it is an exciting time to be a .NET developer!