Come to QUSER in March and we can have this debate in person !!

One definition of native might be running on the Power Hardware without a Windows or Linux VM perhaps......

Doesn't matter what definition you apply. This is cool.

Download Visual Studio and get started 😊

Regards,
Richard Schoen
Director of Document Management
e. richard.schoen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:richard.schoen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
p. 952.486.6802
w. helpsystems.com

message: 1
date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 10:08:31 -0600
from: Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
subject: Re: .Net C# and VB Running Natively with Mono for i

Ready for a religious ware?

Alex also writes, further in, "However, since a native ILE port would require a considerable amount of work, the developer decided to take the PASE AIX runtime route to running on the box."

What is "native" on IBM i? IBM itself take the position that Buckley, the developer of the port, has - if there's something that already exists and runs in PASE, we'll use it - I'd like us to find a different distinction when talking about this - "native" to me includes PASE applications and utilities.

OK,. the gauntlet be tossed! Have at it!

Regards
Vern