Has anyone mounted a share from a virtual Amazon Storage Gateway over an IFS directory? We are currently using Vanguard IMS21 for our document management. Until today, we wrote to UDO Optical. The Jukebox is SCSI - LVD which has held up back from moving to V7R2 or V7R3. (New hardware on the horizon so I may jump straight to V7R3.)

But an issue we ran into when moving from the jukebox to the ASG was parallel writes. When we started up 4 worker threads, we kept getting NSF errors. After trying different things, we attempted just one thread and it is working great. The single thread still writes faster than the 2 threads to the UDO, so speed is not an issues. And now our volumes are mirrored to Amazon S3 for backup, with security set up do deletes are not allowed.

I don't know if the errors we were seeing were caused by the storage gateway or by the iSeries NSF mount. Has anyone done anything like this or am I stuck on the bleeding edge?

Chris Bipes
Director of Information Services
CrossCheck, Inc.