It is completely controlled by the database Don - and it does not have a unique constraint on it.

It just happened to be a silly test file I had laying around that I used as a base to knock up an app in about 5 minutes. It was never intended to be production code.

When I have time I'll do another version after I've added constraints. I amy also use another file that demonstrates Master/Detail processing which is equally easy.

But to comment on another aspect of your post - yes validation can be easily added to individual fields or to the row as a whole. Right now I have it using row update, but if I change:

$dg->enable_edit('INLINE'); to $dg->enable_edit('FORM');

then I would have been shown a form for the updates and can attach logic to the Submit button.

I really wish there was a free/cheap RPG equivalent to this kind of tooling ...

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com