Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com

On Oct 22, 2018, at 1:18 PM, Paul Roy <paul.roy@xxxxxxx> wrote:

from previous experience (not Mac), NFS does not use user id and
password but it uses the UID number. You should check that the UID number
of the user id you are connected on the Mac matches the UID number of a
user profile on your IBM i... also check the GID on both...

Paul

From: Jon Paris <jon.paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange-L Midrange-l <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 22/10/2018 17:38
Subject: Re: Mapping Shared IFS folders to Mac

Thanks Scott - I'll check it out.

Thanks to some help from Bryan I did finally get NFS to work yesterday but
frankly I had tweaked so many bits and pieces by the time I finished that
I'm less than certain what the final "cure" was. I _think_ it was setting
my user profile as the one to use for the share. All the error messages
were indicating security issues and although I had set the share to use
system authentication it was never prompting for usr Id and pw.

Hopefully this will be a smoother and easier path.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com

On Oct 21, 2018, at 11:48 PM, Scott Klement