After wondering if we could spare the space to hold all of the joblogs, we bit the bullet and changed our system default to save all joblogs as log(4 00 *seclvl) logclpgm(*YES).

We change the default JOBLOG output queue to a queue named for the day of the week (along with the default dump queues, etc.). We clear the queues 2 days after they are used.

Although the space is sometimes impressive, it's usually due to a job that we'd want to see the joblog for anyway.

--Paul E Musselman

.