On Fri, Oct 5, 2018 at 3:31 PM Jack Woehr
<jwoehr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

eh, doesn't hurt. user could be in ksh once.

But if they're in ksh, then .bashrc won't be run automatically, and
most likely shouldn't be run explicitly either. So I still fail to see
the point.

I'm not trying to dampen your fun. If you like to put in extra code
that doesn't do anything useful, that's your business. But if the
point is to try teaching something to newbies, then I would strongly
suggest using the simplest examples possible. And if you put in more
than "the simplest thing that could possibly work", then at least
explain both WHAT the extra code is doing, and WHY you put it in.
Otherwise you're just encouraging people to be "script kiddies" that
do nothing but copy other people's code blindly without understanding
it. I suppose if you like doing that, that's also your business, but
personally I'm against it.

John Y.