From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rob
Berendt
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2018 11:53 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Domino On IBM i Poised For A Comeback

Paul,

Thank you. I stopped reading his articles because of his repeated political
comments, despite my requests to cease. While I firmly support his freedom
of speech I also have the freedom to get my news elsewhere as I find
political opinions in a technical magazine, or this list, inappropriate.

That being said, we will continue to use Domino to support web applications
and numerous internal databases. However we will be migrating all email off
of Domino in the immediate future. We've inked a deal with Office 365 and
CDW for their assistance to move forward with the migration. It was a
combination of things. They let it lag too long that it became extremely
visible. The Power 9 upgrade and the fiasco with Domino took way too long
to resolve. The complexity of supporting it and the constant database
corruptions. The total lack of day 1 support for the last few releases of
IBM i, and the amount of time which dragged on until it was finally
supported went way too long.

IBM Certified System Administrator - IBM i 6.1 Group Dekko Dept 1600 Mail
to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E