From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rob Berendt
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2018 8:42 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Scanning IFS for the existence of a file.

K>Well one thing is that QSYS is actually a directory in the IFS instead
of the IFS being contained in QSYS.
R> I get that. I just want to find the files irregardless of whether or
not they are in /qsys.lib or other areas of the IFS.

K>Have you tried doing an LS in QSHELL to see what directory you are in?
You probably need to change to the IFS root directory for your find.
R>I thought that if I told find / that it would start at the root and cd
would be irrelevant.

K>I've usually had the best luck by mounting the root IFS directory on a
PC and using Windows search to look for a file.
R>Mounting a share over root is an acceptable method of submitting your
resignation here.

K>TAATOOLS has a CVTIFS tool that will write the directory of the IFS to a
physical file.
R>Would the format of that be any more thorough than the output of
RTVDIRINF? Which I also tried querying.

K>You could also scan QAEZDISK if you do a RTVDSKINF. All the IFS files
and directories are listed as well as the QSYS libraries and objects.
R>That surprizes me. I thought that level of detail was only in
RTVDIRINF. I thought RTVDSKINF only provided a summary of IFS space. So
I looked at QUSRSYS/QAEZDISK. Sure enough there are objects with a type
of *STMF. However they have no name and the folder path is blank. How do
I query that for the file names?