If you're open to commercial options and running something on a Windows server or PC, our Automate software can monitor the PDF folders, read the contents, parse the data and drop into a database record or call an RPG or CL program to process the contents. Pretty much whatever you want. It's like CL programming for Windows.

Feel free to send me a couple PDF files and I can show you a short technical demo with much of your functionality working already.

Are the files text searchable or do they need to be OCRed ?

You can also learn more about automate here:

http://www.helpsystems.com/automate

Regards,
Richard Schoen
Director of Document Management
e. richard.schoen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
p. 952.486.6802
w. helpsystems.com

------------------------------

message: 7
date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 14:31:09 +0000
from: "(WalzCraft) Jerry Forss" <JForss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Copy PDF

Hi All,

We get receipts saved to the IFS as a PDF. I want to get at the contents so I can save to PF and reconcile.

Can I copy that PDF to a txt or PF on the IBMi that I can read?
Can I read the PDF directly?

This will all need to be done programmatically of course.

Thanks!!

Jerry Forss
Information Technology Team
WalzCraft