I forget if it's GO BRMS -> 2. Work with media or whether it's WRKMLBBRM
but one of them shows you tapes in *ERR status.

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 6:59 AM, Steinmetz, Paul <PSteinmetz@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Had a CPP630C during a BRMS save last night.

Message . . . . : *Attention* Media error detected by device TAPMLB01.

Cause . . . . . : The following conditions can cause a media error:

- Using a tape unit that needs cleaning

- Using a damaged or defective tape

- Using a tape with an unsupported data format

- Using an unsupported cartridge type in a tape library device.

Recovery . . . : Clean the tape unit and retry the operation.

-- If the problem continues, try the operation again using a
different
tape.

-- If the error still occurs, press F14 and report the problem.

The CPP360C message that post to both QSYSOPR and HST log does not contain
the volume.
A WRKPRB was generated, from which reveals the drive that was used.
Resource name . . . . . . . . . : TAP04
BRMS joblog shows nothing about the error.
The 3573 tape library logged 3 of the below.

Device : <TAPMLB01@xxxxxxxxxx>
Attention : Drive Warn or Crit Tape Alert flag

Event Code: 0x84 - tape alert
Element number: 0x25, 37
Drive number: 0x04, 4
Tape Alert Flag: 0x04, 4

This message was generated automatically from
IBM 3573-TL

How does one determine the volume?
Is the volume or the drive causing the error?

Message ID . . . . . . : CPP630C Severity . . . . . . . : 70

Message type . . . . . : Information

Date sent . . . . . . : 08/30/18 Time sent . . . . . . :
18:05:37

Thank You