Tim Rowe, timmr@xxxxxxxxxx
Business Architect Application Development & Systems Management for IBM i
IBM i Development Lab, Rochester, MN
(507) 253-6191 (Tie) 553-6191

[1]http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/i/are/index.html

Want to address the one item in this string about Java.

Java on IBM i is NOT effected by any announcements that Oracle has made
about Java.

IBM i has been using the IBM JDK for a long time now. The IBM version has
also been moved in to the open source community. Today, when you get
Java for IBMi ... IE JV1. You are getting Java that is built from the
open source files and then delivered on IBM i.

IBM i continues to be an integrated application development platform,

AS for future Java levels. The latest change delivered short term
releases and then long term releases. IBM i is intending to only deliver
Long Term Java releases. As the short term release are for development
purposes and have a very short shelf life, it does not make sense for IBM
i to deliver. (plans subject to change of course.....)

Thanks. Tim