hi Rich,

Did you resolve this issue?  It looks like people stopped discussing it yesterday (but I am behind on e-mails).  I didn't see a resolution.

One thing that really bothers me about this post (and prompted my reply) is that you got a Java exception.   Yes, I know you resolved the MCH3401 already -- but why on earth was it reported as a Java exception?!   This makes me think you are doing something strange, like running this from IWS or IAS instead of Apache.

So if you still are having problems with not getting a response back, that's the very first thing I would look into... make sure you've set up the right type of server for this type of program, and are calling it correctly.

-SK