That prevents the conversion error, but I'm still not getting my single quote. I'm now getting this ' aE ' (each of the letters has a tick over it), meaning blank space, letter a, letter E, blank space.

-----Original Message-----
From: Carel [mailto:coteijgeler@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 3:21 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: CCSID 1208 single quote

If the file is stored on the IFS first.maybe CHGATR *CCSID 1200/1252 may work.

We encounter it on our site as well that many characters valid in CCSID
1252 are not in CCSID 1208. In EDTF it shows up as blank and an error message at the bottom on the screen (some charaters considered incvalis:
ä, ö)

Kind regards,

Carel Teijgeler