I doubt 7.1 can do SMB2. You'll probably need to allow SMB1 on your PC.

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Osmond [mailto:don.osmond@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2018 8:26 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Map Drive Issue V7R1 SMB1

I am trying to map a shared folder on a Power 8 running V7R1 and our Win10 Console so I can place files for V7R3 udf images. Windows is giving me the following in a message box.

The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occurred:

You can't connect to the file share because it's not secure.
The share requires the obsolete SMB1 protocol, which is Unsafe and could expose your system to attack.
Your system requires SMB2 or higher. For more indo on Resolving this issue, see:
https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=852747

I have not looked at the link yet. Is there something to be done on the P8 to bring the protocol higher?

803-325-6019 (Office)
803-325-6006 (Fax)
803-322-8054 (Cell)

NOTICE: This message and any attachments transmitted may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected by law. The information is solely intended for the named addressee (or person responsible for delivering it to the addressee). If the reader is neither the intended recipient nor a person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are notified that any distribution, copying or retention of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return mail or telephone and delete the message and any attachments and all copies and backups of the message and any attachments promptly. Thank you.