Probably a better doc out there, but I'm working off of this one:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1013479

I already have a virtual connection between my two lpars on the same
box.

F5 on both basically looks like this:

Resource name . . . . . . . : VLAN ID 0

Adapter type . . . . . . . : *NON

Adapter serial number . . . :

Host name for service tools :

Node . . . . . . . . . . . : 000000000000

Duplex . . . . . . . . . . : AUTO

Network speed . . . . . . . : AUTO

IP version allowed . . . . : BOTH IPV4, IPV6, BOTH

Internet address . . . . . : 0.0.0.0

Gateway router address . . : 0.0.0.1

Subnet mask . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

IPV6 address . . . . . . . :

IPV6 interface ID . . . . . : 0000000000000000

DHCP unique ID . . . . . . : 0000000000000000000000000000

F13 lists no devices. F21 lists three resources. Those are currently
used by line configs pointing to DMZ, Internal network, and Virtual over
the backplane.

The way I read that doc what I can do is to end the virtual interface
and vary the line off. That will make it available to F13. From F13 I
can set up the new information. Can I use a different IP that is valid
across the virtual network? Once I'm done it reads like I can vary the
old virtual back on, and start the interface, and it should talk to both
IP's. Is my reading of that correct?